Civil mediation and mediation training for
law firms and businesses in Central Florida
Mediation for state and federal court claims, continuing legal and insurance
education, mediation training, and services as a special master.
Civil mediation and mediation training for law firms and businesses in Central Florida
Mediation for state and federal court claims, continuing legal and insurance education, mediation training, and services as a special master.
About David Henry
David W. Henry is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Civil Mediator who practiced law in Central Florida for more than 30 years and has been certified since 2006. His mediation clients hire David for a wide range of matters that reflects his experience as a litigator. David’s mediation practice includes business disputes, contract claims, personal injury, insurance claims, community association, intellectual property disputes, employment claims, E&O, D&O and fiduciary liability, and construction related disputes.
After attending Emory University and the University of Florida College of Law, David served as a law clerk at the Fifth District Court of Appeal before entering private practice in 1989. In addition to serving as a mediator, David teaches mediation advocacy and training for attorneys and insurance carrier representatives across the United States. He is a longtime member of the National Faculty of the Society of Certified Insurance Counselors, and the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals (NADN). He has spoken to thousands of lawyers, risk managers, and insurance professionals across the US, the Bahamas, and London on issues including success at mediation, mediation advocacy, insurance coverage, agent & broker liability, intellectual property claims. He has been published in Entrepreneur, the Florida Bar Journal, Insights, National Underwriter and other publications. For more information, please download David’s CV below.
- “Best of Orlando”™ for Mediation, Orlando Magazine (2017, 2018, 2019)
- “Best of Orlando”™ for Insurance Law, Orlando Magazine (2017, 2018, 2019)
- Best Lawyers in America® (2019)
- Member, National Association of Distinguished Neutrals (NADN)
- Member, National Faculty of the Society of Certified Insurance Counselors (1994-Present)
- Member, Executive Council of the ADR Section of the Florida Bar
- Chair, Orange County Bar Association, ADR Committee (2018-2019)
- Chair, FDLA ADR Committee (2009 to 2011)
- Program Chair, FDLA-FAPM ADR Conference (Nov. 2010)
- Chair, Intellectual Property Subcommittee, DRI Commercial Litigation Committee (2005-2006)
- Chair, AIPLA IP Insurance Subcommittee (2007-2008)
- Robert T. “Bobby” Jones Fellowship to the Univ. of St. Andrews (1983-1984)